Swim Season is here!
Here’s all the details you need to know this summer….
Do you follow us on Facebook? That’s the best spot to track any details about weather-related closings. (Or you can call (573) 445-7667)
Stingray Swim team details:
- To get text reminders of meets and info on practice please text @swsast to the number 81010 or go to https://www.remind.com/join/swsast
- There is a repeat parent meeting on Monday, June 5, at 6:00 PM. It is a chance to talk face to face and answer any questions you may have about swim team.
- This year we are hosting THREE swim meets at our pool. In order to make those meets a success, we need volunteers. Our first meet is at home on June 7th. Most of you will be at meets anyway and volunteering is a nice way to be close to the action and helps pass the time when your swimmer isn’t in the water. If you haven’t done it before, don’t worry. It isn’t high stress!
Please take a moment to sign up for the June 7th meet: Volunteer Sign-Up
Volunteer shits include:
*Timers: Record time for swimmers in each lane.
*Bullpen: Help kids to the correct lane. Have them lined up ahead of time.
*Ribbon Table: Write out information on the ribbons to be awarded to the kids *Runners: Takes cards from timers to the ribbon table and other various needs during the meet.
*Concessions: Work our concession stand during the meet.
*Photographer: Take pictures at every meet during season.
- Here is a link to general swim team information. It includes a schedule of meets.
- Please check out the Swim Team Bulletin Board at the pool. It will have team information and also sign-up forms for your swimmers so they can let coaches know what events they wish to swim.
Did you miss sign up day? That’s okay! You can sign up for swim lessons at the lifeguard station.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- May 27 – (10AM) Pool opens
- June 7 – (3PM) Pool closes early for the swim meet
- June 14 – (3PM) Pool closes early for the swim meet
- June 24 – (9PM) Tween party
- June 26 – (10AM) Swim lesson session #2 starts
- June 28 – (3PM) Pool closes early for the swim meet
- July 1 – (9PM) Women-only (ages 21+) adult swim
Interested in Lifeguarding?
Be a SWSA lifeguard this summer and a chance to work with our newest pool manager, Kelly Wilson!? Click here for more information.
No need for summer travel! Avoid airport security lines, weather delays, or long boring drives across Kansas! Stay in Mid-MO this summer to relax at the pool and reduce your carbon footprint.
We are open from Memorial Day to Labor Day
Hours of Operation: Daily 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- During Swim Lessons we will not open until noon, Mon-Fri.
- During Home Swim Meets we will close at 3:00 p.m.
- During July we have extended hours as follows:
- Early Bird Swim from 6:30 – 8:00 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- We are open until 10:00 p.m. on Fridays in July
Southwest Swim Club
Office Phone (During Summer Season): (573) 445-7667
Pool Address (Not for Mail):
1101 College Park Drive
Columbia, MO 65203
Abbie Brown, Board Membership Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.orgKelly Gaskin, Pool Manager, email@example.com
Jen Lee Reeves, Board President, firstname.lastname@example.org