Southwest Swim Association Bylaws: The Bylaws govern how the club operates.
SWSA RULES & REGULATIONS
General Facility Rules:
- All members must sign in at the pool house. Guests must be registered and accompanied by a member at all times.
- Household members receive 20 guest passes, Emeritus and Single Members receive 10 passes; additional passes may be purchased for $5 per pass, or in sets of 10 for $45.
- Only on-duty guards and board members are permitted in the guardhouse.
- Food and drink are permitted on the deck only.
- Members are responsible for the disposal of trash and use of the recycling containers for aluminum and plastic bottles.
- After hours entry is not allowed
- Abusive behavior, whether verbal or physical, or harassment of members, guests, or staff will not be tolerated.
- The following are not permitted at the pool or on the grounds of Southwest:
- Glass containers (of any kind)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Illegal drugs (authorities will be called if drug use is suspected)
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes
- Firearms or other weapons
- Vulgar language, lewd or crude behavior
- Inappropriate physical displays of affection
- Vandalism or improper use of facilities, equipment or furniture
- If a member or guest has a medical condition, allergy or special needs which may require accommodation, please discuss with pool management.
Guest Pass Rules:
- Members must be present when guests check in.
- Guests must be accompanied at all times by the member. If the member associated with the guest leaves the premises, the guest must accompany them.
- Guest pass usage may be limited at peak times to maintain pool safety.
- Party forms (available on the website) are needed when members bring more than 5 guests at a time. Forms must be submitted more than 48 hours in advance and must be approved by pool management. (See Party Rules for more info.)
- Abuse of guest pass privileges can result in sanctions or termination of membership.
- Children ages 9 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult or childcare provider.
- Wading pool is reserved for children ages 5 and under. Supervision by a responsible adult or child care provider is required at all times.
- Each member child may receive one session of swim lessons; additional sessions may be obtained for an additional fee.
- When marked, the northernmost lane is reserved for lap swimmers. Be courteous and avoid crossing the lane when in use.
- At the onset of thunder, lightning, or rain affecting water visibility, swimmers must leave the pool and clear the pool deck for at least thirty minutes while management reviews conditions and deems them safe for re-entry.
- All parties held during regular hours or after hours must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance in writing with the staff. After-hours parties are available for a fee. All parties are scheduled on first come-first served basis. Party forms are needed when members bring more than 5 guests. (Forms are found under the “events” tab on this website or in the guardhouse.)
- Use of devices capable of photography is prohibited in the bathroom/changing areas of the club. Devices such as cell phones, iPads, tablets, digital cameras, etc. should not be used in these areas for any reason.
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted on the property. Cigarettes and vape devices may only be used on the adjacent street.
- The following are not permitted:
- Cut-off jeans and thongs (appropriate swimwear must be worn at all times).
- Bicycles, skates, skateboards, scooters on the pool deck, basketball or tennis courts.
- Running on the deck, unsafe play and rowdiness.
During Hours Party Rules:
- Parties are defined as members meeting together in a group with more than 5 non-member guests in attendance. It is a Party even if you have invited a large family as your guests for the day, and we require you to follow these rules in that situation.
- We have a hard limit of 15 guests for a During-Hours Party.
- We do not allow the use of “co-hosts”- asking other members to bring in guests for your party to skirt the limits on guests. The limit on guests is in place for everyone’s safety and security.
- Approval is required for all During-Hours Parties to ensure that pool management can provide adequate staffing and security for your event during our regular hours. Approval requires at least 48 hours advance notice of your party via the During-Hours Party Form.
- Approval of parties is not guaranteed. Please do not plan a party without prior approval from pool management.
- Approval may not be granted for weekends, holidays, and other days when we anticipate high member usage of the pool. Pool management must focus its staffing on keeping the pool safe on these days.
- Approval of a party does not guarantee a space under the pavilion or on picnic tables. The manager on duty or other staff will assist in finding an appropriate spot for the party if necessary. Additionally, claiming space under the pavilion does not guarantee privacy for your party.
- Without full approval for your party, you and your guests will be turned away from entering the club. While this is difficult for both pool staff and members (especially children), the safety and security of our pool comes first. Members who willfully ignore or flout our rules will be subject to sanctions from staff or pool management.
- All guests at a party must use guest passes for entrance or pay the gate entry fee of $5.
- Parties are limited to 3 hours each. Parties must end on time with guests and members cleaning up the area and packing up.
- Parties beginning at 6:00 P.M. or later must end by 8:45 P.M. due to the time it takes to clean up, dry off, and pack up.
- All swim club rules and regulations apply! Anyone not complying will be asked to leave.
- Southwest Swim Club can be rented out for an After-Hours Party. Please use the After-Hours Party Request form to request an After-Hours Party.
- All After-Hours Parties are held from 9:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. All party attendees must leave by 11:00 P.M. The pool will be cleared at 10:45 P.M.
- Costs for the After-Hours Parties are dependent on the total number of party attendees (both members and guests) so that pool management can ensure an adequate number of staff members and lifeguards to keep your party safe.
- For parties involving minors under the age of 18, additional adult supervision (not including pool staff or lifeguards) must be provided by the renting family or group. Chaperones must be over the age of 21, and there must be 1 chaperone for every 10 minors.
- Significant advance approval is required for After-Hours Parties. Approval of your preferred party date is not guaranteed, so please do not plan an After-Hours Party until your party date has been fully confirmed and booked with pool management.
- All swim club regulations apply. Anyone not complying will be asked to leave.
Water Safety: SWSA follows Red Cross guidelines for your safety.
- Members and guests are expected to promptly and respectfully comply with guard directions.
- Swimming is strictly prohibited when there is no lifeguard on the guard stand.
- Neither members nor guests may interfere with or sit alongside a guard on duty.
- Only Coast Guard Approved Personal Safety Devices are allowed. SWSA provides Coast Guard Approved jackets/wings for the use of adult or child members and guests. Staff members will assist in fitting the device properly.
- In the situation where a swimmer whose skills are inadequate for the water depth in which they are swimming is identified by a lifeguard, the swimmer will be required to wear a Coast Guard Approved Personal Safety Device or the swimmer will be restricted to a depth-appropriate area for their skill level.
- The following are not permitted:
- Rafts, tubes, water wings, baby saucers, mermaid tails, and water guns. (The manager or lifeguard may allow these items under special conditions)
- Hard balls of any kind.
- During use of the water basketball hoop: touching the rim, playing from the deck, or rough play.
- Slapping the noodles or kick boards.
Water Safety: Diving Well/Diving Boards
- All persons using the diving boards must be able to swim the width of the diving area. In the situation that an individual is unable to meet the swim requirements, the option of wearing a Coast Guard Approved Personal Safety Device or having a staff lifeguard “catch” a person are allowed. A parent is not allowed to “catch” their child.
- Use of the diving boards is limited to one person at a time.
- Divers should only bounce once on the board.
- Goggles are not allowed when using the diving board.
Water Safety: Sun Deck and Pool Deck
- Sitting or hanging on the sundeck wall at the edge of the swim lane is not allowed.
- Excessive rowdiness, handstands, or diving are not allowed in the sundeck area.
- Basketballs may not be dunked from the pool deck.
- No members, other than those actively taking swim lessons, are allowed on the pool deck when lessons are in session. This includes use of the baby pool. The only exception is a parent who has received prior approval from the swim instructor to be close when young swimmers are taking lessons.
SWSA staff is responsible for enforcing the SWSA rules and regulations. Consequences for violations will be imposed the discretion of the SWSA Staff.
All staff may impose Immediate Sanctions to assure safety, order and protection of property. Immediate Sanctions may include: warnings; temporary removal from the pool or other area; or restrictions on behaviors.
Pool Managers on duty may impose Additional Sanctions, including:
- Verbal Notice to the member, parents, guardians and guests;
- Written Notice to the member, parents guardians and guests;
- Temporary loss of pool and grounds privileges;
- Termination of membership and permanent removal from the pool and grounds, upon approval of the SWSA Board of Directors, in accordance with the SWSA Bylaws.
Factors to be considered in determining sanctions include:
- Level of intent;
- Risk to safety;
- Harm to property;
- Previous rule violations and sanctions.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
The pool will not open when the air temperature is below 70 degrees. Closing the pool will be determined every morning around 9:30 A.M. and re-evaluated around 2:30 P.M. Please check Twitter, Instragram and Facebook for all updates on weather related issues.