The Southwest Stingrays Swim Team participates in the Show-Me Conference, a city-wide summer swim league that has existed in Columbia since the 1960s.
Did you miss Sign-Up Day? It’s ok! Click here to sign up for Swim Team at SWSA!
Printable Info Sheet: 2017 SWSA Swim Team Dates & Details
2017 SWIM MEET SCHEDULE
Warm-ups Begin at 4:00PM if at Home or 4:30PM if Away
- Wednesday, June 7: Home v. MAC Summer Club Swim Team
- Wednesday, June 14: Home v. Wilson’s Beach Club
- Wednesday, June 21: Away v. Country Club of Missouri Swim Team
- Wednesday, June 28: Home v. West Broadway Swim Club and Parks & Recreation Swim Team
- Wednesday, July 5: Away with Old Hawthorne Swim Team at Macher Aquatic Center
- Wednesday, July 12: Show-Me Conference Championships at Hickman Pool, Hickman High School
Printable address list for swim meets: SWSA Swim Meet Teams & Locations
2017 SWIM TEAM PRACTICE SCHEDULE
We recommend your swimmer attend at least 2 practices per week. Practice will start on Tuesday, May 30.
- Mondays 8-9 AM for ages 11 & up, 9-10 AM for ages 10 & under
- Tuesdays 8-9 AM for ages 11 & up, 9-10 AM for ages 10 & under
- Wednesdays 9-10 AM for all ages
- Thursdays 8-9 AM for ages 11 & up, 9-10 AM for ages 10 & under
- Fridays 8-9 AM for ages 11 & up, 9-10 AM for ages 10 & under
For an additional fee of $25 each, swim team members can attend our evening practice held on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 6-7 PM.
For age groups 8 and older, rules will be enforced during swim meets (2 hand touch for fly and breast, no touching the bottom, must remain on your back for backstroke).
2017 SWIM TEAM INFORMATION
There is a one-time fee of $80 that will include a team t-shirt.
For an additional $25 each, swimmers can attend evening practice, held 3 days/week.
To get text reminders of meets and info on practices, please text @swsast to the number 81010
or go to this link to sign up for reminders
Saturday, May 27: Pool opens
Tuesday, May 30: First day of swim team practice
Friday, June 2, 8-10am: Team and Individual Photos
Friday, June 2, 9am and 6pm: Parent Meeting
Parent Volunteer Information:
Parents are needed to volunteer for each of our 3 home meets (6/7, 6/21, and 6/28) and the Championships (7/12). Links to sign up will be sent out to parents of swim team members, or contact Board Members listed below. Positions include: Timers, Stroke Judge, Bullpen, Ribbon Table, Concessions, and Photographer.